Saturday, June 4, 2011

That's Right, I AM an Austinite!

C and I went hiking in the park, kayaking on the lake and exclusively go to bars with patios now. Bye bye Dallas, we'll be sure to visit sometime...maybe.

But even with all this Austin outdoorsyness, one thing stands out among all others as my favorite reason to be back. No, I haven't found a job yet. Stop changing the subject.

Food. Specifically Mandola's Italian Market and Thundercloud subs. I could eat at both of these places every day for the rest of my days and never think twice about it. If I ever had to choose between paying my electricity bill and getting a meatball sub at Mandola's, I would ultimately pay the electricity bill, but only after C and I considered all of the pros and cons of the Sandwich vs Power debate. And in the end, it would be a close call.

Do your belly a favor and patronize these fine establishments if you live in and/or around the Austin area. If you do not live nearby, get in your car and drive. I'm not kidding, it's worth it. Sure, you can crash on our couch. And you can stay as long as you like, as long as you're buying our sandwiches while you're here.


No comments:

Post a Comment