Monday, April 12, 2010

You can't say that...ever: Vol. 2

Recently, my buddies and I went to one of those places where the food is average, the prices are outrageously high and waitresses are wearing little more than a napkin. I'm not proud of it, but I went.

As if 'I'm not proud of it' wasn't enough to show my age, I had a real 'I'm getting old' moment when the waitress introduced herself as, "Farrah. Not the one with the ass cancer."

(Insert shocked expression here)

What?

Now, look, I know this girl is not old enough to be a Charlie's Angels fan. Also, I am acutely aware of the qualities this girl must have exhibited to be hired for this particular job; and intelligence and the ability to form complete English sentences are both very low on that list.

But come on. You can't have that kind of filterless, brain-to-mouth direct connection when:
A) Your brain is so clearly malfunctioning; and
B) You work in a place where the entirety of your job function is talking to strangers.

Or maybe you can. Maybe I'm just getting old. I guess my fear is that there are not enough normal, intelligent people out there to balance out all the damage the Farrah-not-the-one-with-the-ass-cancers in the world are unwittingly doing on a daily basis.

1 comment:

  1. To clarify, I swear he was at a wings joint, not a strip club!!!

    ReplyDelete