Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Weezin' the juice, Bud-dy

Can anyone tell me why I, a 31 year old married man who has a real, adult job and does not partake in any illegal substances of any kind, am laughing out loud while watching Encino Man?

And before you ask: no, I have not been drinking.

When the movie came out, I was 12, so maybe it reminds me of a simpler time, when I had no cares and thought high school would be the time of my life. The story is about high schoolers, so maybe it reminds me that high school was the time of my life. Or maybe cavemen are just funny.

Either way, when compared to the special-effects-laden piles of cinematic dooky that are being over-hyped and force-fed to the almighty 18-24 market of today (read: Transformers, Avatar, etc.), it seems especially silly that "caveman goes to high school" is really all it takes to keep people entertained.

No comments:

Post a Comment